To celebrate Sonic's 25th Anniversary we are on the look out for the EU's biggest Sonic The Hedgehog Super Fan!
To enter, submit a video that demonstrates why you are the biggest Sonic Super Fan in the European Union - the video must be no more than 5 minutes long & must showcase creativity. For example you could show off your Sonic Collection, read out a poem or short story, show off your Sonic artwork collection or draw something for us or simply tell us why you are the biggest fan - you could even dress up as the blue blur - we like cosplay!
There will be one overall winner, who will get the chance to join the Sonic Team in San Diego for the 25th Anniversary party, 10 runners up will each win 1 ticket to the sold-out Summer of Sonic event in London!
The winner and runners up will be judged on creativity - so get those ideas together and submit a video before 23:59 BST on June 28th for a chance to win.
© SEGA of America, Inc. and Technicolor Animation Productions. All rights reserved.
© SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, and SONIC BOOM are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.
SEGA SONIC’S 25th ANNIVERSARY EU SUPER FAN Competition
THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROMOTION OR TO WIN ANY PRIZE.
(1) Description of Prize Draws SEGA Europe Limited (the "Sponsor") is offering a "Prize Giveaway", (the "Promotion") and will award prizes based on judging all eligible entries against the criteria established in these Official Rules.
The Promotion begins at 20:00pm British Summer Time (“BST”) on Wednesday 15th June 2016 and concludes at 23:59 BST on Tuesday 28th June 2016 ("Promotion Period").
(2) Eligibility - The Promotion is open to legal residents of the European Union, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Any entrant shall maintain and operate a valid email account. Promotions are void anywhere it is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. Any entrants who are not eligible for the Promotion can be disqualified at the Sponsor’s discretion (together, the “Entrant”). Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other company involved in the design, execution or production of this Promotion are not eligible (the “Promotion Entities”).
(3) Creating your Submission: Qualifying entrants are required to inform SEGA of their reasons for being the biggest Sonic Super Fan in the European Union. Entrants should submit a video of no longer than five (5) minutes in length which creatively demonstrates why the Entrant is the biggest Sonic Super Fan (the “Submission”). Examples of creative content could include, but are not limited to: entrants dressing up in Sonic attire/costume, the showcasing of a Sonic collection, the submission of an artistic drawing, or the creation of a song, poem or story. For the purpose of this Promotion only, SEGA grants you a non-exclusive, revocable, royalty free limited licence to reference the Sonic the Hedgehog property in your Submission.
Your submission must be totally original, created by you, and be suitable for general audiences.
Your Submission must NOT:
- be previously published or appear anywhere else at the time of your Submission;
- contain any third party copyrighted material or otherwise infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of a third party;
- be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to containing nudity, pornography, profanity or gratuitous violence);
- contain defamatory statements (including, but not limited to, words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group);
- include threats to any person, place, business, group or nation;
- invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity,
- violate any law or regulation.
(3) How to Enter - To enter the Promotion, you must submit a video that demonstrates why you are the biggest Sonic Super Fan in the European Union. Entries shall be submitted through the Sponsor’s campaign website at: http://sonic25.hscampaigns.com . You can only enter the Promotion once in order to be eligible to win a prize from the Sponsor. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of a sweepstakes service, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entry and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, are corrupted, are late, lost, or postage-due are void and will not be accepted. Entries received for a given promotion are eligible only for that promotion and will not be "rolled forward" for inclusion in any subsequent promotion.
By entering, you agree that you are giving Sponsor the right to post your Submission on its website and/or any other public websites where it maintains accounts. You hereby agree to enter into the contributor release in the form set out in the Schedule.
(4) Right to Use Submission – You (a) hereby grant Sponsor and its affiliated companies the exclusive right to the use of your Submission, name, photograph and/or likeness, written or oral statements, biographical information and voice for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law; (b) automatically grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to distribute and display your Submission; (c) agree that by entering your Submission, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right to sell and otherwise distribute your Submission on any of its websites or in any of its products without any compensation.
(5) Prize - The Promotion will have one (1) winner and ten (10) runners up who will be selected from eligible entries by a panel of judges at the absolute discretion of the Sponsor (“Judging Panel”) to receive one of the Prize(s) detailed below. There are a total of eleven (11) prizes available for this Promotion. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, if an inadequate number of entries or entries of inadequate quality are received, Sponsor reserves the right to not determine any entries as winners or to determine any number of winners fewer than eleven (11).
One (1) winner shall receive a place at the Sonic 25th Anniversary Celebration, to be held in San Diego on Friday 22nd July 2016. The Prize will include one (1) standard class plane ticket from a territory within the European Union (airport closest to the winner’s home); a minimum three (3) night’s hotel accommodation provided by Sponsor from Thursday 21st July 2016 in San Diego (as specified by Sponsor) to Sunday 24th July 2016, and Sonic the Hedgehog Merchandise. The winner will also receive meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner provided by Sponsor for the duration of their stay. The winner shall ensure that they have appropriate VISA and travel insurance cover before accepting the Prize. Should the winner not meet this condition, another winner will be selected. The winner will also be filmed during their visit to San Diego for content to be used on SEGA Central, and will need to have pre-submitted to SEGA (firstname.lastname@example.org) a completed ‘permission to use performances letter’ which shall be sent by SEGA in advance of the Anniversary Celebration party.
The winner shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with any rules relevant for the Sonic Events (defined below).
Ten (10) runner ups shall win one (1) ticket to the Summer of Sonic event taking place on 6th August 2016, in London, UK. Travel and accommodation will not be provided for the runners up prize.
The entrants acknowledge that SEGA is not responsible for the provision of the Summer of Sonic or Sonic 25th Anniversary Celebration events (the “Sonic Events”) and that SEGA shall not be liable for any losses incurred by the Winners in the event that the Sonic Events are cancelled or rescheduled for any reason and/or any direct or indirect damages suffered by the Winners resulting from any acts or omissions of the organisers of these Sonic Events.
(6) Prize Awarding:
Winners will be selected by the Judging Panel approximately three (3) business days after the ending date of the Promotion Period. Potential winners will be contacted within two (2) business days of the decision of the judges by the e-mail address associated with their competition entry to confirm prize acceptance and determine a mailing address for the prize, and or/other arrangements for receipt of the winning prize. Potential winners will have five (5) business days to respond to the prize notification e-mail with the requested information. Failure to respond within this time frame or without the requested information will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. Return of prize notification e-mail as undeliverable will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All cash prizes will be issued in GBP Pound Sterling via cheque or bank transfer. ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY RESULTING FROM A WINNER'S RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
(i) Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue this Promotion at any time and without notice following the conclusion and complete fulfilment of all prizes associated with any given (and then current) Promotion. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the winning entry, the prize will be awarded to the authorised account holder of the submitted Internet e-mail address regardless of the individual who submitted the entry. The authorised account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet Service Provider or other organisation that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain names associated with e-mail addresses. Sponsor reserves the right to void entries, which in its sole determination, are irregular, incomplete, inaccurate, do not comply with these official rules or have been generated with abusive and/or duplicitous intent including but not limited to false or multiple e-mail addresses.
(ii) By entering, you (a) agree to comply with and be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; (b) agree to release Sponsor and its employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this Promotion or from the awarding, receipt, possession use and/or misuse of any prize; (c) acknowledge that Sponsor, and its employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose; (d) the rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to Sponsor and its indirect and direct parent companies and their respective affiliated companies with respect to all entries and all other submitted materials related to the Promotion, including those submitted by non-winners and winners.
(iii)Without in any way limiting, expanding or amending the Terms of Service at http://www.sega.co.uk/legal/terms.php which Terms of Service policy shall remain in full force and effect, if Sponsor is duly notified that any element of an Entrant’s Submission infringes upon the rights of another person and/or receives a legally valid request to remove the affected Submission because of such infringement, such Submission may be removed and disqualified from the Promotion, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. Further, no Entrant will be eligible to receive a prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that such Entrant’s Submission has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes and such Entrant has complied with the terms of these Official Rules.
(iv) Past experience has shown a promotion such as this one may generate similar submissions which closely resemble concepts and ideas developed by the Promotion Entities whether before, during or after the Promotion. Entrants may see a presentation that seemingly incorporates an idea or concept or includes materials similar to that contained in their entry (e.g., Submission). Any similarity may be purely coincidental and is always unavoidable in light of the volume of ideas that the Promotion Entities routinely consider in the course of their content development. Consequently, the Promotion Entities must, and have adopted policies and procedures to protect themselves from potential liability and claims and as part of these Official Rules requires all Entrants (and, if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) to agree that: (a) the Promotion Entities may use any and all ideas, concepts, material and expression, in whole or in part, submitted or contained in a Promotion entry, or other material you submit, including, without limitation, the Submissions and all copyrights and other intellectual property rights therein; and (b) all entries and entry materials (including, without limitation, the Submissions) become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
(v) The use of machines, computers or any automated technique ("Automated Cheats") to enter the Promotion is prohibited. Sponsor has the right to invalidate any entry if its sole opinion Registered User has engaged the use of Automated Cheats at any time. All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
(vi) Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, misdirected, garbled, illegible, incorrect or inaccurate information or entries that are misdirected or misrouted as a result of interrupted or unavailable network connections or internet transmissions for any reason, or any failure of the website during the Promotion Period, or for any computer, phone, phone line hardware or software malfunction, failure or error of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Any attempt by an entrant to interfere with the operations of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws; Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. If, for any reason, any Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select winners from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
(8) Release: By participating in the Promotion, all Entrants release and hold the Sponsor and its indirect and direct parent companies and their respective affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees, representatives, shareholders and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Promotion harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, claims, liabilities and actions of any kind with respect to and in any way arising from (i) participating in this Promotion; (ii) acceptance, possession, use of misuse of or defect in the prizes; (iii) any injury or damage to an Entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from the Promotion, the Entries and/or its prizes; (iv) damage to a user's computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an Entrant's participation in the Promotion or downloading of information in connection with the Promotion; and (v) publicity or privacy rights and/or defamation. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT THE SPONSOR’S LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE.
The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Promotion in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Promotion becomes technically corrupted.
(10) Law and Jurisdiction: These terms are governed by English law and any claim or matter arising out of these terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
(11) Winners List: An accumulative list of winners from the most recent month is available via email request to email@example.com
Sponsor: SEGA Europe Limited, 27 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex
TW8 9BW, UNITED KINGDOM.
© SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
SCHEDULE – CONTRIBUTOR RELEASE
Permission to use my Submission Video
I understand that SEGA Europe Limited with registered offices at 27 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9BW (the “Company”) wishes to use my Submission Video as part of the ‘Sonic 25th Anniversary EU Super Fan’ campaign, in which I showcase the reasons why I am the biggest EU Sonic the Hedgehog super fan (the “Video Submission”).
Pursuant to and in consideration of the sum of £1.00 (one pound) (receipt and sufficiency of which I hereby acknowledge), and which I agree shall be full and final settlement with no further sums of any nature for any reason due to me, I confirm that:
- I agree to the recording and/or broadcasting of the performance and grant the Company and its affiliated companies including the SEGA group all consents under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended (and any equivalent enactments or provisions elsewhere in the world) as may be required for the Company to record, use and otherwise exploit any and all of my performance and/or image (including my name, and/or voice and/or likeness) in the Video Submission throughout the world and in perpetuity for any of its commercial or non-commercial purposes in all and any media (whether now known or hereafter invented), including, without limitation, in the Company's video games, printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, in the advertising of the Company's goods or services (including, without limitation, the promotion and marketing of the Sonic the Hedgehog series) or on the Company's website (“Specified Purposes”), in its original format or edited or altered in any way which the Company deems appropriate.
- I irrevocably and unconditionally waive in perpetuity all moral rights that may be vested in me in respect of my performance/image in the Video Submission.
- I do not object to the Company:
- storing copies of the Video Submission for the Specified Purposes or to it storing my contact details on its database for as long as it deems reasonably necessary in case it needs to contact me; or
- transferring the Video Submission and my contact details to a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or storing them at a destination outside the EEA for the purposes set out under this agreement.
- I release the Company and its parent, affiliates, licensees, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assignors from any and all claims whatsoever in connection with the use of the Video Submission.
- I understand that the Company is under no obligation to use the Video Submission. I also understand that I have no right to approve or inspect any use of the Video Submission prior to any such use. For the avoidance of doubt, I acknowledge that the Company shall have final editorial control in respect of the Video Submission.
- I agree to keep confidential all details connected with the Video Submission and the Sonic Events. I will not at any time utter, publish nor cause to be published by way of any media any comments concerning my participation in the production which would be likely to adversely affect the Company’s reputation or goodwill, or discredit the Company.
- I agree to indemnify the Company in respect of all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, expenses and liability whatsoever which may be made or brought against or suffered or incurred by the Company in consequence of the use of Video Submission, any breach of the Official rules and/or any other terms of this agreement.
- This agreement contains the entire understanding and agreement by the parties and may be varied only in writing by the parties.
- The Company shall be entitled to assign the benefit of this agreement.
- The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this agreement and no term or condition of this agreement shall confer or be construed as conferring any right on any third party.
I understand that this agreement is legally binding, that it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and that the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.